|This course is for those holding a current First Aid
at Work certificate and can be taken at any point during the 3-year
certification period. Successful candidates will be awarded a new
First Aid at Work certification, valid for a further three years.
Note: HSE regulations do not allow any candidate to be re-certified
as a first aider unless they hold a current First
Aid at Work Certificate at the time of the Re-Qualification
Employers and candidates are asked to check that their existing
first aid certificate is a First Aid at Work qualification (i.e.
that it states that it complies with the First Aid at Work Regulations
(1981), that it is in date on the first day of the re-qualification.
Where we did not issue the original qualification the certificate
must be produced as proof of qualification.
|LMS Commercial Training uses professionally
qualified paramedic and nursing staff to deliver first aid training.
This means our instructors have the depth of knowledge and experience
to fully explain all aspects of the syllabus. Because they have
seen and done it all for real, they can answer students questions
fully, give practical advice and tips, and reassure candidates
with concerns about dealing with medical emergencies.
Candidates will have the opportunity to:
- Learn about updates and revisions to current practices in first
- Thoroughly revise all aspects of the first aid at work syllabus
- Practice practical treatment techniques that may not have been
used for 3 years
- Discuss any issues or concerns encountered in their duties as
a work-place first aider
- Complete a multiple choice aassessment
- Complete a practical assessment based on simulated accidents
- Discuss any revisions to HSE and first aid at work legislation